Futures Studies Tackling Wicked Problems.
Pre-Conference Seminar –
The 1st International Eleonora Barbieri Masini Seminar – Women and Futures
- This information is for our International pre-conference participants.
- Book your international travel to arrive and depart at Stockholm. Travel arrangements from Stockholm to Turku, and return, are booked and paid for with the Pre-Conference registration and fees.
- Registration for this event must be made on a separate form no later than 15 April 2015. Follow this link to register here.
- Payment must be made in Euros, directly to WFSF, using the “Donation” button not later than 3 May 2015
- You will need a valid passport (or ID card if you are a Nordic citizen) to board the ship.
- Pre-Conference participants from Finnland must make their own travel reservation directly with Viking Lines.
Tuesday 9 June 2015 – Overnight Stockholm
• You will need a place to stay in Stockholm the night prior to the Pre-conference as we must be at the ferry terminal by 07:15 on the morning of departure.
• Payments and bookings for your overnight stay in Stockholm are to be made by you, directly with the hotel.
• Accommodation costs will depend upon the standard you require.
• Book as soon as possible and find something central. M/S Grace departs from Stadsgården, which is very close to the city centre.
• Make sure there is an underground station or bus stop near your accommodation for getting to M/S Grace terminal – Stadsgården. The closest underground station to the terminal is Slussen.
See below for further information on accommodation and traveling to the ferry terminal.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 – Depart Stockholm
Departure from Stadsgården at 07:45 on M/S Grace
Arrive Turku 19:50
Cost – 24 Euros, including buffet breakfast.
Please note that Viking Lines request that food and drink be purchased on board. This is a large vessel with several cafes and restaurants.
For the Pre-Conference Seminar programme please CLICK HERE
Saturday 13 June 2015 – Depart Turku
Departure from Turku port at 20:55 on M/S Grace
Arrive Stockholm 06:30 Sunday 14 June
– A sleeping compartment is required on an overnight voyage. Price includes a buffet breakfast
2 person shared cabin 104 Euros per person
Single use cabin (2 bunks) 195 Euros per person
– Shower and toilet facilities are available in each cabin.
– If you opt to share a cabin please nominate the person you wish to share with when registering. If you are travelling alone you will share wth someone of the same sex that you may not know.
Confirmation and Payment
- All bookings must be confirmed and paid for before Sunday 3 May 2015
- Participants must provide personal details for customs purposes when they Register Here
- Payment is to be made in Euros, as quoted
- Payment is to be made directly to the WFSF bank account by PayPal or direct transfer.
- Instructions how to pay are on our Donation Button.
For more information please contact Natalie Dian, Conference Liaison, email@example.com
• Participation in the pre-conference requires flying into Stockholm and taking the Viking Lines M/S Grace to Turku the day prior to the commencement of Futures Studies Tackling Wicked Problems.
• Travel by Viking Lines M/S Grace is the most environmentally sound and least costly option. The ferry lets us off in the city of Turku (it isn’t a big city) so we can share taxi’s or take the No. 1 bus to the city centre.
• The Pre-conference offers a set travel plan and price, seminars and discussion, plus networking time on the return to Sockholm.
• Prior to booking Viking Grace tickets all participants must provide personal details and Register Here
• It is recommended that participants have approximately 300-500 Swedish crowns cash for transport and incidentals etc
Accommodation websites for Stockholm
Budget accommodation – http://www.stockholmbudget.com/
Bed and Breakfast accommodation – http://www.gastrummet.com/eng/visa_lista_lht_eng.asp?Objekt=A,B,C,D,E
Rooms in private houses – www.airbnb.com search on Stockholm in the area of Södermalm
Hostel accommodation – http://www.budgetplaces.com/stockholm/budget-hostels-list/
Information on Stockholm
Visit Stockholm – http://www.visitstockholm.com/
Lonely Planet – http://www.lonelyplanet.com/sweden/stockholm
Ferry Terminal Transport Connections
Viking Line  ferries to Mariehamn, Helsinki and Turku depart from the eastern part of Stadsgårdsterminalen in northeastern Södermalm buy zolpidem online. To get there from the city centre, take the green or red underground lines to Slussen, and take the exit for Slussenterminalen. From there take the 401 – 422, 442 – 449 or 471 bus one single stop to Londonviadukten and the port will be on your left. Alternatively normal town buses 53 and 71 link Slussen and the Viking Line terminal, albeit via the backstreets. Yet another convenient but more expensive alternative is the shuttle buses operated by Flygbussarna that go directly from the terminal to the central bus station (Cityterminalen) in the city center. The price for a ticket on these are 45 SEK (single) and 70 SEK (return) and tickets are sold on board, at Flygbussarna’s and Viking Line’s booths in the bus station, and if you want to buy the ticket on the bus you can do it but only pay with a credit card. There are multiple departures  from the port 15-60 min after the ferry arrives and from the station 1-3 hours before the ferry departs. If you are driving to the boat, follow the signs to Slussen, then Stadsgårdsterminalen (note that Slussen is confusing for even locals, so don’t feel embarrassed if you end up spinning in the intersection a few times) and then Finland/Viking Line. There are big lockers at the ferry terminal for 5 euros or 50 kr.